Great Circle Systems will take proactive steps to protect the workplace with the COVID-19 Outbreak. Our objective is to operate effectively and ensure that all essential services are continuously provided and that employees are safe within the workplace.
GCS is committed to providing authoritative information about the nature and spread of infectious diseases. With the dramatic escalation in the notifications from our state and federal government, we will be complying with the request for reducing infection effective immediately.
We are actively following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO)) to slow the spread of COVID-19 through social distancing. All GCS employees will be working from home until further notice.
We ask all employees to cooperate in taking steps to reduce the transmission of infectious disease in the workplace, at home, and in their community.
- If you are experiencing any flu like symptoms stay home and contact your doctor.
- Frequent hand washing with warm, soapy water for a minimum 20 seconds
- Covering your mouth whenever you sneeze or cough; and discarding used tissues in wastebaskets.
Confidentiality of Medical Information
Our policy is to treat any medical information as a confidential medical record. In furtherance of this policy, any disclosure of medical information is in limited circumstances with supervisors, managers, first aid and safety personnel, and government officials as required by law.
- All GCS employees will be working from home until further notice.
- The GCS offices will be closed for client visits until further notice.
- In the event a mission critical on-site visit is required, GCS employees will follow all marina and shipyard requirements for vendors and contractors for this period.
- Any vessel with ill personnel must quarantine the vessel while awaiting guidance from medical professionals or the US Coast Guard.